Law Office of Kelley A. Joseph, P.A.
Call for a consultation

What to do about a violation of a parenting agreement

You create a parenting agreement with the idea that it will help you and your ex-spouse better raise your children in the future. Despite your best intentions upfront, things have a way of going wrong as the months and years pass.

If your ex continually violates a court-approved parenting agreement, it's critical to learn more about your legal rights. If you overlook this, time and time again, it could impact you and your children in a number of ways.

Here are some steps to take if you find yourself in this position:

  • Review your parenting agreement: Doing this gives you a clear idea of any terms your ex is violating. Before you do anything, you must make sure you fully understand your parenting agreement.
  • Talk to your ex: Explain what you're seeing and your thoughts on solving the problem. You may find that your ex was making an honest mistake.
  • Consider your legal options: If your ex doesn't change their ways, you'll want to consider legal action. Both individuals are required by law to follow the parenting agreement. If they don't, legal consequences, such as loss of parental rights, are possible.

In a perfect world, you and your ex will co-parent without any issues. Unfortunately, you can't expect this to be the case. Even if things are fine most of the time, there will be disagreements and arguments.

If your ex is a repeat violator of a court-approved parenting agreement, don't wait to take action. Doing so will help you protect your legal rights and your relationship with your children.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Answers To Your Questions

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

Law Office of Kelley A. Joseph, P.A.
8211 West Broward Boulevard
Penthouse 4 (PH4)
Plantation, FL 33324

Toll Free: 888-392-5784
Phone: 954-703-4091
Phone: 954-376-4826
Fax: 954-666-5702
Map & Directions