Law Office of Kelley A. Joseph, P.A.
Call for a consultation

Non custodial parents: They don't always visit

As a parent with physical custody of your children, you understand how important it is for them to spend time with your ex-spouse. Unfortunately, just because your ex has visitation rights doesn't necessarily mean they'll spend time with their children.

You may come to find that the noncustodial parent is failing to exercise defined parenting time. Not only does this complicate things from a legal perspective, but it can also make life more difficult on your children.

You have the legal right to seek a modification of the visitation order; however, this isn't always the right decision. For example, you may understand why you're taking this action, but the same can't always be said for your children.

There are times when you have no choice but to take legal action, such as by seeking a modification. But, if possible, your primary goal should be to bring the other parent back into your children's lives. This helps provide more stability, while also lessening the likelihood of your child or children suffering from unnecessary emotional stress.

Don't wait to take action

Even if you don't take legal action, such as seeking a modification, you should discuss your feelings with your ex. Let them know what you're seeing, how your children are reacting and what they can do to get back on track.

If you're lucky, your ex will realize where you're coming from and make things right. However, if this doesn't happen, it may be time to seek a modification. It's a last resort, but you need to do what's best for you and your children.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Answers To Your Questions

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

Law Office of Kelley A. Joseph, P.A.
8211 West Broward Boulevard
Penthouse 4 (PH4)
Plantation, FL 33324

Toll Free: 888-392-5784
Phone: 954-703-4091
Phone: 954-376-4826
Fax: 954-369-5889
Map & Directions