Helping You Create A Brighter Future

When you create a parenting agreement, you do so with the idea that both you and your ex will rely on it to raise your children to the best of your ability.

Despite the fact that your parenting agreement is a legally binding court order, your ex may take the liberty to violate it every now and again. While everyone makes mistakes, if this turns into a regular occurrence it’s critical to take action.

Here’s what you can do:

  • Review your parenting agreement: Read through your parenting agreement to better understand what your ex should be doing and where the violations come into play. This will give you a clear idea of what to do next.
  • Talk to your ex about your concerns: Don’t be confrontational but instead take the approach that you want to get on the same page as it’s best for your children. Explain your concerns, ask and answer questions and determine if you can find common ground on your own.
  • Request a modification: Should your ex ignore your calls to get back on track, you may be left with no choice but to request a modification from the court that issued your parenting agreement. If you’re going down this path, ensure that you have evidence to back up your claim and an idea of what you’d like to see happen in the future.

It’s your hope that your ex never violates your parenting agreement. If they do, however, you have the legal right to take action. You don’t want to let a problem linger, as it can eventually harm your children or your relationship with them in the future.